LEAF CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Trauma Support Specialist
The Trauma Support Specialist will provide therapeutic guidance to families in our program, Family Support Coaches, Respite Providers, Parent Education and Support Coordinators and supportive services.
This position involves effective communication with agency employees, youth, families, and community partners. Responsibilities include managing the Family Care Team, scheduling monthly home visits, reviewing, and approving incident reports and care plans, and ensuring the development of individualized care plans through a family-centered approach. The role also involves crisis response and on-call duties, advocating for youth and families in various settings, adhering to confidentiality and HIPAA policies, using technology for job efficiency, documenting progress notes, organizing family support group meetings, creating transition plans for families leaving the program, meeting training requirements, and performing other assigned duties as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience and Training: Preferred experience and prior training in working with children and adolescents with mental health, substance abuse, and co-existing diagnoses.
- Driver’s License and Transportation: Proof of a valid driver’s license (Type C) and access to reliable transportation.
- Auto Insurance: Proof of valid and current auto insurance.
- Decisiveness: Capacity to make clear and decisive decisions within the scope of the position.
- Teamwork: Ability to work efficiently and effectively both independently and as a team member.
Education & Experience
- Master’s degree (Required) in social work or other related discipline. Bachelor’s Degree with extensive experience may be considered.
- Experience in wraparound or other clinical services.
- Management experience required (at least 1 year).
- At least two years’ prior experience working in the social services field.
- Use of hands, reaching, seeing, hearing, and communicating.
- May sit for extended periods.
- Ability to drive long distances.
- Manual dexterity, hand-eye coordination, and fine manipulation required.
Job Type: Full-time
Language: Spanish (Preferred)
Work Location: On the road
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
On the road